» » »

Mercury Tracer Overheated Omaha NE

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

Woodhouse Lincoln Mercury, Inc
(402) 592-1000
6503 L Street
Omaha, NE
 
Platte Valley Auto Mart
(308) 324-5619
400 N Jefferson
Lexington, NE
 
Tincher Ford - Mercury Inc
(402) 296-4411
303 Fulton Avenue
Plattsmouth, NE
 
Anderson Ford Lincoln Mercury
(866) 263-7766
120 Diers Avenue
Grand Island, NE
 
Hullman's Ford Lincoln - Mercury
(402) 245-4413
1416 Harlan St
Falls City, NE
 
Tincher Ford - Mercury Inc
(402) 296-4411
303 Fulton Avenue
Plattsmouth, NE
 
Larson Motors Inc
(402) 873-3449
1801 Frontage Road
Nebraska City, NE
 
Tekamah Ford Lincoln Mercury, Inc.
(402) 374-1933
123 South 13th Street
Tekamah, NE
 
Morrissey Motor Company
(402) 454-3339
2500 North Main Street
Madison, NE
 
Rasmussen-Stewart Ford Lincoln Mercury
(402) 826-2668
2375 East Highway 33
Crete, NE
 

Mercury Tracer Overheated

Provided by:

Reader Questions Hello Austin,

Let me say first, I really enjoy your website and have learned valuable information from it in the past. Thank you. Now, I need some help.

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

I called and explained this to my mechanic, who tells me the head gasket is blown. So, I accessed your site and found where 'Melissa with the 1988 Ford Bronco II' wrote to you. You suggested that she start her vehicle and let it run and to look for coolant shooting from the radiator neck.

I have tried this, but my car will not run, however coolant does shoot from the radiator neck when I try to start it. Does this mean the head gasket is blown???

Please help. I am 43 and female and have always done my own work, (simple things), and want to know if this could really be the problem or if it is something less involved.

Thank you so much in advance,

Ramona

Hi there,

You are a 43 year old female who does her own repairs…..wowow…..I’m impressed.

You said this

“My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home”

So it overheated, but you let it cool down, THEN it started and you drove home. So if it started THEN, and DID NOT overheat on your way home, why does it not start now?

When you say does not start, do you mean the engine turns over, but it sill not ignite and start…..right?

To read the full article, visit Myhonestmechanic.com